Fish Tacos are perfect hot weather food. Try this recipe before the summer ends! If you like this recipe, check out this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order!
Ingredients for Easy Fish Tacos
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise
- 2 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into strips
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
Directions for Easy Fish Tacos
- Mix sour cream and lime juice together in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Reserve about half the mixture in another bowl for serving. Mince half the jalapeno pepper; save other half for later. Toss cabbage, green onions, and minced jalapeno half in remaining sour cream mixture until slaw is well mixed.
- Heat olive oil and remaining jalapeno half in a large skillet over medium heat; swirl oil to coat skillet evenly. Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper. Pan-fry fish strips in the skillet in 2 batches until fish is golden brown and easily flaked with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes. Discard jalapeno half.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave on high until warm, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Serve fish in warmed tortillas topped with cabbage slaw, and reserved sour cream mixture
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 416 kcal
Protein 30 g
Fat 15 g
Carb 39 g
Sugar 4 g
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.
The post Easy Fish Tacos appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.