School is back in session which can be quite scary if you aren’t prepared to wake early each and every morning. There are ways you can make mornings easier on your and your kids and one of those ways is by preparing lunch the night before. But not just any lunch, today we are partnering with our friends at Horizon Organic to share how to make a Monster Lunch Box that is filled of creepy and tasteful goodies to get your in the mood for Halloween. Lunch has never been so wicked fun!
What You Will Need to Make a Monster Lunch Box:
- Horizon Organic Chocolate Low-Fat Milk Box
- Horizon Organic Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Horizon Organic Cinnamon Snack Grahams
- White Bread
- Fruit Strip (in a dark color)
- Candy Eyeballs
- Gummy Worms
- Chocolate Pudding
- Mandarin Oranges (with peel still on)
- Black Permanent Marker
- Bento Box
- Butter Knife
- Black and Red Cardstock
How to Make a Monster Lunch Box:
- Start out by making your sandwich using the white bread. We made a peanut and jelly sandwich but you can use meat too. You will also want to remove the crust.
- Take a small piece of your fruit strip and place it on top of your sandwich (this serves as the dark strip under the mummy’s eyes)
- Take your Horizon Organic Mozzarella Cheese Sticks and peel the cheese into strips and start to lay them on top of your sandwich is a random type pattern.
- Place 2 googly eye candies on top of the black strip to complete the mummy sandwich.
- Take the sharpie marker and draw jack-o-lantern faces on the oranges. Place inside your bento box.
- Next, take the Horizon Organic Cinnamon Snack Grahams and place some into a baggie. Use the back end of a spoon to mash them into “dirt”.
- Put your chocolate pudding into your bento box container then sprinkle on the crushed Horizon Organic Cinnamon Snack Grahams. Put a few worms on top for a creepy dessert!
- Last but not least, make what I like to call “Count Chocula”. You can just draw 2 different sized capes on black and red cardstock. Cut them out and then tape them onto the outside of the Horizon Organic Chocolate Low-Fat Milk Box.
Now give your little monster this delicious lunch and see what they have to say! This is a perfect back to school lunch solution perfect for now, Halloween, and any time really. I mean, who wouldn’t love a fun-filled monster lunch?
Even Monsters Can Eat Good with Horizon Organic
With a holiday like Halloween you can see how easy it is to be enticed by candy and sweets. Monsters need good nutrition too which is why Horizon Organic is an excellent choice for any monsterific meal.
Horizon Organic provides healthy options for families for meal and snack time. Don’t let the organic label fool you, their foods are packed full of delicious flavor along with things that are good for you too!
Horizon Organic actually has several products ranging from milk’s and cheese’s to snacks like graham crackers and fruit snacks. So the next time you are looking for something wholesome and delicious, check out the Horizon Organic line of products.
You can learn more about Horizon Organic by visiting their website and following them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
The post Monster Lunch Box appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.