Quinoa Black Bean Burgers are not only delicious, they freeze and re-heat like a dream! Double your recipe and throw some in the freezer as a backup dinner plan when the school year gets hectic! If you like this recipe, check out this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order!
Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
- Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, hot pepper sauce, and egg into the black beans using your hands.
- Form the black bean mixture into 5 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with whole wheat burger buns or a romaine lettuce wrap and fixings.
Amount per serving (5 total)
Fat: 10.6 g
Protein: 9.3 g
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.
The post Quinoa Black Bean Burgers appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.