Healthy Chicken Nuggets are a kid favorite with fresh ingredients and zero guilt!
If you like this recipe, check out this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order!
Ingredients for Healthy Chicken Nuggets
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg (or two egg whites)
- 4 tbs Panko
- 4 tbs bread crumbs
- 2 tbs Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbs Paprika
- Dash of salt/Pepper
- 2 tbs light mayonnaise
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 tbs mustard
Combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed. For easier mixing, warm honey in microwave prior to combining.
Directions for Healthy Chicken Nuggets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place wire rack over a baking tray lined with foil. Generously cover with cooking spray
- Cut chicken breasts into pieces roughly 1 1/2-2 inches long. I cut them to fit my hands, so feel free to experiment here!
- In two separate mixing bowls/containers, whip an egg in one and pour the panko, breadcrumbs, and paprika in the other. Dash with salt/pepper.
- In assembly line fashion, generously coat each nugget in the egg mixture (whip up another egg if necessary) and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Use a spoon to ensure they are completely coated. Optional: You can use a large gallon-sized bag for your breadcrumb mixture to coat the nuggets!
- Place nuggets on the rack and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown; enjoy thoroughly when cool.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12-16 servings
Calories 30 kcal
Protein 4 g
Fat 1 g
Carb 3 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugar 0.5 g
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.
The post Healthy Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.