Easy Chicken Curry is a warm, spicy dish you can enjoy over a fresh bed of rice or on its own. With cayenne, paprika, and a host of other spices, this healthy lunch option definitely comes with a kick…and some heat! I recommend pouring the end result over jasmine or brown rice.
Ingredients for Easy Chicken Curry
- 1 1/2 chicken breasts, cut into one inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion (small)
- 3 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger (fresh or powder)
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (or 1/2 the juice of a fresh lemon)
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Powder (or Kasmiri Powder…if you can find it!)
Directions for Easy Chicken Curry
- Heat coconut oil over medium to medium high heat. Once smoke begins to rise, add onions and cook until finished.
- Add curry powder, paprika, bay leaf, garlic, ground cinnamon, ginger. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir mixture for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken, tomato paste, yogurt, and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Remove bay leaf (or don’t, up to you!).
- Add lemon juice and cayenne powder.
- Simmer mixture for five more minutes.
- Serve over rice or by itself.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 252 kcal
Protein 45 g
Fat 3 g
Carb 8 g
Fiber 12 g
Sugar 8 g
The post Easy Chicken Curry appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.