If you are feeling a little blue because of the weather, these 5 Fresh Orange Recipes to Brighten Your Day will change your mood. There is nothing like the smell and taste of fresh oranges to make it feel like spring in your kitchen. I will share 5 incredible recipes today on Family Food Live!
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
Here’s a look at today’s Family Food Live:
Here’s a look at today’s recipes!
Cranberry Orange Bread
If you are looking for something simple and refreshing, this Cranberry Orange Bread will do the trick! It’s perfect for breakfast.
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3½ cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1½ tablespoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Orange Zest (from 1 orange)
For the Glaze:
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 1½ cups Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, orange juice, sour cream, eggs and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine
- Fold in the orange zest
- Add batter to the muffin pan
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- To make the glaze, combine the orange juice, powdered sugar and orange zest, whisk together until smooth
- Drizzle over muffins while the muffins are still warm
This recipe is inspired by The Pastry Queen!
Orange Banana Cream Smoothie
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh Ginger Root
- 1/2 cup Crushed Ice
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. This is enough for one person
Winter Fruit Salad
- 3 cups of Cubed Pineapple
- 1 cup Kiwis (peeled, quartered and sliced)
- 2 cups of Mandarin Oranges
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey and poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, kiwi and mandarin oranges
- Pour the dressing over the fruit
- Add mint leaves on top for some extra flavor
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 7 black tea bags in a pot of water
- 3 cups Sparkling Water, chilled
- Orange, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint
- In a saucepan, bring orange juice and sugar to a boil, then simmer stirring until the sugar dissolves
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Prepare tea in coffee pot or steep in a pot on the stove
- Remove the tea bags and pour tea and orange mixture into a pitcher
- When ready to serve, add sparkling water into the pitcher and top with some orange slices and mint
This recipe is inspired by Giada De Laurentiis
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Fresh Orange Recipes to Brighten Your Day appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.