The unofficial kick-off to the summer season is upon us — can you believe it? Family Food Live will share 5 Memorial Day Dishes to Kick Off the Summer! These dishes will get you through any bbq or picnic this weekend.
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s show, here’s a look at some of it:
Taking a look at today’s recipes:
• Hot Dogs (makes 16 or 2 packages)
• 1 can refrigerated breadstick dough
• Mustard or ketchup for dipping
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Stick skewer in each of the hot dogs, all the way through
• Wrap one piece of dough around each hot dog
• Put in oven for 20 minutes or until the dough is cooked and browned
• Serve with mustard or ketchup
Dee’s Potato Salad
Nothing goes better with hot dogs and hamburgers than Dee’s Potato Salad! It soooo good!
Watermelon Blueberry Salad
- 1 Mini Watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Feta, crumbled
- Mint Leaves, chopped
- 2 Limes, juiced
- In a serving bowl, combine watermelon, blueberries, mint and cheese
- Pour the lime juice on top and mix
- Box Family Size Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (for the mix 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup oil)
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Red, blue M&Ms
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Follow instructions on box to make brownies
- Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallows, and 1 cup red/blue M&Ms
- Pour into greased 13×9 baking pan
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes clean
- Put white chocolate chips in a microwavable mixing cup and microwave for 1 minute, if not melted, heat for an additional 10 seconds.
- Pour over brownies and top with remaining M&M’s
Thanks to Back for Seconds for this fun idea
Memorial Day Punch
- Cran-Cherry Juice
- Blue Raspberry Kool-Aid
- Using a mason jar as a glass, fill the glass 1/4 the way up with the red (Cran-Cherry Juice) then fill the glass with ice
- Next water down the lemonade so the color is closer to white than yellow, fill the glass another 1/4 the way with the lemonade
- Finally, top with the blue color (Blue Raspberry Kool-Aid) the rest of the way to the top
- Cup the tip of the Twizzlers candy to use as a straw
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Memorial Day Dishes to Kick Off the Summer! appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.