Another wonderful ingredient to use over the summer is corn! Corn on the cob is my all-time favorite summer food so today on Family Food Live, 5 Ways to Cook with Sweet Corn this Summer!
Family Food Live can on Wednesdays and Fridays at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s show, check this out.
Getting hungry yet? Here are today’s recipes.
Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob
- 4-5 ears of Corn, cut in half
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 4 tablespoons Butter, cut into smaller pieces
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Cut your corn in half or in thirds and place in slow cooker
- Add coconut milk, water, butter and salt & pepper
- Cover and cook for 2 hours on high
- Remove and sprinkle with cilantro and parmesan cheese
This recipe was inspired by Spicy Southern Kitchen!
Black Bean Tacos with Corn
My all time favorite taco has no meat in it! And once you try this Black Bean Tacos with corn, you will agree with me. It’s the perfect way to enjoy tacos without the guilt!
- 1 cup Frozen Corn, thawed
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Red Onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- In a pot with salted, boiling water, cook the corn until tender (about 2-3 minutes) drain and add to a mixing bowl
- Combine the corn, jalapeno, cilantro and red onion
- Stir in olive oil, lime juice, sugar and salt
- Serve with tortilla chips
Chili Lime Sweet Corn
- 5 Ears of Corn
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup Queso Fresco, chopped or crumbled
- In a large pot filled with water, cook the corn for about 3-5 minutes, let cool
- Cut off the kernels once the corn has cooled down, place in a bowl
- In another bowl, whisk together the butter, lime juice chili powder and cilantro and pour over the corn
- Add the queso fresco and mix
- Add salt if needed
Thanks Lovely Little Kitchen for this fun recipe
Corn on the Cob Pasta
Here’s another wonderful recipe using corn on the cob. This Corn on the Cob Pasta is perfect for a Saturday night or date night with your significant other!
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Ways to Cook with Sweet Corn this Summer appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.