Honey Sriracha Chicken Quinoa Bowls are a mouthful to say AND eat. Sweet, spicy, and nutritious. It just wins.
If you like this recipe, check out this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order!
Ingredients for Honey Sriracha Chicken Quinoa Bowls
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small purple onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Sriracha (adjust based on how spicy you like it!)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
Directions for Honey Sriracha Chicken Quinoa Bowls
- Cook Quinoa according to package instructions. Simmer on low heat and fluff with a spoon when finished. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil beforehand or over medium heat on a large skillet.
- Chop onions and cook them for 3-4 minutes until they soften.
- Add chicken and cook until brown (5-7 minutes, depending on how many pounds you have). Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk honey, Sriracha, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Add sauce to skillet and cook until sauce thickens (8-10 minutes).
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2o minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Calories 460 kcal
Protein 37 g
Fat 16 g
Carb 42 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugar 18 g
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.
The post Honey Sriracha Chicken Quinoa Bowl appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.