We love potatoes in my home! We probably eat a potato side dish at least 3 times a week! And now that the holidays are quickly approaching, you may be thinking about a potato side dish for a family get together. Today on Family Food Live, we shared 5 Easy Potato Recipes for All Year!
Join us for Family Food Live at 11 am CST/12 Noon EST every Wednesday and Friday! We will be live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page every Wednesdays and the Quirky Momma Facebook page today and every Friday. If you want to make sure you never miss an episode, like or subscribe to our Facebook pages now!
And if you missed today’s Family Food Live, here’s a look!
Here’s another great opportunity for you! We also stand behind healthy products for our families and that’s why we love Thrive Market.
Thrive Market is an online wholesale market that specializes in organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan and other great, healthy products. Here’s the best part…if you are interested in becoming a member of Thrive Market, you will get a free gift just because you are friends of Kids Activities Blog.
And today we have a new free gift for you!
It’s Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil! It’s amazing how much we use olive oil in our daily cooking lives. This Thrive Market’s extra virgin olive oil comes from a family-owned estate in western Crete where the olives are grown, harvested, and pressed on site. And right now you can try this for free! Go here now to pick up your free Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
If you are interested in becoming a member of Thrive Market, you will get up to 50% off your favorite wholesome brands. Go to the Thrive Market registration page to look around and get your free gift.
Now on to today’s recipes!
Homemade Potato Soup
Soup is the ultimate comfort food! And this Homemade Potato Soup will make you feel like you are being wrapped up in a warm blanket. And it’s so easy to make!
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- 6 medium size Red Potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium size Red Onion, lightly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary, minced
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine red potatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper and rosemary
- Spread out on cookie sheet
- Put in oven for 1 hour or until you reach your desired crunch
- Sprinkle a little salt on top
Baked Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
This is the ultimate side dish for any holiday celebration! The bread crumbs and parmesan cheese give this Baked Cheese Mashed Potatoes recipe the perfect crust!
Onion and Mushroom Potatoes
- 5 medium Russert Potatoes
- 7 oz. Mushrooms
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel potatoes and cut into slices
- Cut mushrooms and onions into slices too and combine with the potatoes
- Season with the olive oil, salt and pepper
- Put potatoes, mushroom and onions in glass baking dish and add 1 cup of water
- At the 15 minute mark, mix all the potatoes, mushrooms and onions
- Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft
Baked Potato Rounds
- 4 medium Red Potatoes, sliced
- Butter (melted)
- Garlic Salt
- 5 slices of bacon, crumbled
- Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice potatoes into thin rounds about 1/4 inch thick
- Fill a pot with water and add the potatoes, bring to a boil for about 3-4 minutes
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry
- On a lined cookie sheet, spray with non stick spray
- Put potatoes on pan and brush with melted butter
- Sprinkle on garlic salt, cheese and bacon
- Bake for 12-14 minutes
- Add green onions or chives on top
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Easy Potato Recipes for All Year! appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.