Navy Bean Chicken Chili is a fantastic option for those cold Fall and Winter days. It’s not only bursting with flavor (with a kick to boot), but it’s also healthy and easy to make!
If you like this recipe, you’ll find more with this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order!
Credit to Betty Crocker for the inspiration to this recipe.
Ingredients for Navy Bean Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) bottle Salsa Verde
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 (10 oz) cans of diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/2 cup milk (your preference on %)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of whole kernel corn
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of Navy beans
- 1 pound cooked and shredded chicken meat
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Navy Bean Chicken Chili
- Heat vegetable oil on medium-high heat until warm.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until both turn slightly brown (2-3 minutes).
- Add chicken broth, Salsa Verde, corn starch, tomatoes with chilis, milk, cumin, and chili powder. Add more corn starch if necessary for additional thickness.
- Bring pot to a boil and then simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add corn, shredded chicken, and navy beans.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Possible toppings to consider: Sour cream and cheese, avocado, cilantro.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Calories 283 kcal
Protein 24 g
Fat 7 g
Carb 30 g
Fiber 7 g
Sugar 6 g
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.
The post Navy Bean Chicken Chili appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.