Whether your family sits down to watch football, baseball, hockey or basketball, game day is always a great time to share food and memories. Today on Family Food Live, we shared 5 Game Day Snack Ideas for the Family!
Join us for Family Food Live at 11 am CST/12 Noon EST every Wednesday and Friday! We will be live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page every Wednesdays and the Quirky Momma Facebook page today and every Friday. If you want to make sure you never miss an episode, like or subscribe to our Facebook pages now!
And if you missed today’s Family Food Live, here’s a look!
We also stand behind healthy products for our families and that’s why we love /center>Thrive Market. Thrive Market
is an online wholesale market that specializes in organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan and other great, healthy products. Here’s the best part…if you are interested in becoming a member of Thrive Market
, you will get a free gift just because you are friends of Kids Activities Blog.
And today we have a new free gift for you!
Avocado Mayo is mayo made with Avocado Oil which makes it soy & canola free, sugar-free, dairy free, gluten & grain free and made with cage -free eggs. This is a great product to use for your family. And right now you can get one of these jars for free!
If you are interested in becoming a member of Thrive Market, you will get up to 50% off your favorite wholesome brands and this free gift of Avocado Mayo. Go to the Thrive Market registration page to look around and get your free gift.
Now on to today’s recipes!
Game Day Italian Sandwich
- Sandwich roll
- Avocado Mayo
- Provolone Cheese
- Cut sandwich roll in half
- Spread Avocado Mayo on both sides of bread
- Start layering sandwich with ham, salami, capocollo, provolone cheese, lettuce and tomato
- Serve hot or cold
Spinach Artichoke Dip in Bread Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 jar Artichoke Hearts, roughly chopped
- 8 oz Light Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray
- Saute the artichoke hearts and spinach over medium heat until liquid has evaporated\In a food processor, combine the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt & pepper
- Add the artichoke hearts and spinach and blend completely
- Pour into baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes
- Uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes until it starts to bubble on top
- While it’s cooking, prepare your bread bowl by taking out the center of the bread (save the bread slices to use for dipping)
- Pour the spinach artichoke dip into center of bread bowl
- Refrigerate the rest for future dipping
- Mini hotdogs
- 1 can Crescent Rolls in a can
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream, warm
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove crescent rolls from can and cut into strips
- Place the mini hotdog on the crescent dough and roll around the hotdog
- In a mixing bowl, beat the water and egg together
- Using a brush, lightly paint the egg/water mixture on top of each of the hotdog roll
- Bake on cookie sheet for 12 minutes
- While the hotdogs are cooking, heat up the cream and mustard until it comes to a soft boil
- Remove and serve with mini hotdogs
Salami & Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Salami Slices
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- Spread the softened cream cheese over the salami slice
- Roll up the salami and stick a toothpick in two places of the roll up
- Cut in half
- Serve with toothpick
Traditional Cheese Plate
- Garlic Naan
- Olive Oil
- 4 Cheeses of your choice (Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, Wine Cheese & Garlic Herb soft cheese)
- Summer Sausage
- Olives with Blue Cheese
- Red Seedless Grapes
- Green Onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread olive oil and a pinch of sea salt on each slice of Garlic Naan
- Put in oven for 5-8 minutes
- Cut into triangle slices & serve with cheese plate
- Assemble all of the cheese plate ingredients on a platter
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Game Day Snack Ideas for the Family appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.