Sweet Potato Chicken Burgers are easy to make with a great balance of carbohydrates and proteins!
If you like this recipe, you’ll find more with this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Chicken Burgers
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or other light oil)
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Directions for Sweet Potato Chicken Burgers
- Cut ends off of sweet potatoes. Poke a healthy number of holes into the potatoes with a pork.
- Place sweet potatoes on microwavable dish with a damp towel on top of them. Microwave for four minutes, rotate, another four minutes.
- If desired, peel the potatoes. Cut potato into small pieces. Mash potatoes with either a hand mixer or a masher.
- Combine the mashed sweet potato, ground chicken, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with coconut oil (or any light oil, EX: Canola, Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Place the patties in the heated pan, and cook for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Serve with honey mustard.
- 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp mustard
Combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed. For easier mixing, warm honey in microwave prior to combining.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 220 kcal
Protein 21 g
Fat 10 g
Carb 12 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugar 2 g
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.
The post Sweet Potato Chicken Burgers appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.