Eating healthier in the new year is definitely a resolution I hope to keep this year. So today on Family Food Live, 5 Simple, Salad Recipes to Eat Healthier in the New Year! These recipes will not only help keep your resolutions but get your excited about salads!
Join us for Family Food Live at 11 am CST/12 Noon EST every Wednesday and Friday! Today I’ll be live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s Family Food Live, here’s a look:
Now on to today’s recipes!
- 2 Cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dill, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Radish Salad with Feta Cheese
Here’s a new salad recipe that is really easy in a pinch. This Radish Salad with Feta Cheese recipe also has a wonderful Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing you will love.
Traditional Caesar Salad
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- A dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Pinch of Garlic Salt
- Pinch of Salt
- Black Pepper
For the Salad:
- 1/2 bag Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 5 Grape Tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Handful Croutons
- In a jar or bowl, add mayo, milk, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, salt and pepper and mix
- In a mixing bowl, combine romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and croutons
- Add dressing and mix again
- Add Parmesan cheese and more pepper and combine again
Salad in a Jar with Poppy Seed Dressing
This is one of my all time favorite salads! And this Salad in a Jar with Poppy Seed Dressing is perfect to take with you to work or even on a family picnic!
Chicken and Avocado Salad
- Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- 1/4 Red Onion, sliced
- 6 cups Spinach & Arugula
- 6 Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- Use Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- In a bowl, add the spinach/arugula, red onion, strawberries and chicken
- Spread dressing on top and mix
- Add feta cheese to the top
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Simple Salad Recipes to Eat Healthier in the New Year! appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.