Three Step Soft Tacos are as easy to make as they are satisfying. This healthy lunch recipe uses steak for the protein, but you can’t go wrong with a few adjustments if you’d rather have chicken or fish! Celebrate your next Taco Tuesday with this resolution-conscious meal!
Ingredients for Three Step Soft Tacos
- 12 ounces extra-lean thin sliced strip steak
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- Whole wheat tortillas (six inch, preferably)
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions for Three Step Soft Tacos
- Place the beef in a large mixing bowl, add the cumin, chili powder, and garlic and toss to coat.
- Add canola oil to skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Add the steak and cook for 4 – 6 minutes. Add the beans and salsa and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Cook tortillas in a pan. Top each tortilla with steak mixture and toppings.
- Replace tortillas with bed of lettuce of your choosing.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 411 kcal
Protein 34 g
Fat 9 g
Carb 54 g
Fiber 7 g
Sugar 5 g
The post Three Step Soft Tacos appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.