Do you ever get in a dinner rut? It can be hard to keep your dinners fresh every night. Today on Family Food Live, a 5 Course Dinner for a Mid-Week Slump!
Join us for Family Food Live at 11 am CST/12 Noon EST every Wednesday and Friday! Today I’ll be live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s Family Food Live, here’s a look
Here’s a look at today’s recipes!
These Chicken Cutlets are one of our go-to meals during the week! It always makes for an easy, quick dinner when you are in a slump!
For the salad
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Calamata Olives
- 1/2 Cucumber, sliced into fourths
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion cut into slices
- Feta Cheese, crumbled
For the dressing
- 6 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Oregano, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Add dressing to salad
Mushroom Risotto is the perfect side dish for the Chicken Cutlet. This risotto can also be a self-contained meal. You will love it.
- White Mushrooms
- Red Onion, cut into quarters
- Zucchini, sliced
- Olive Oil
- Greek Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using a skewer, layer the cut veggies
- Place on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil
- Season with greek seasoning
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are soft
- 6 oz. Chocolate semisweet chips or bittersweet chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Sponge Cake or Angel Food Cake, cut into cubes
- In a large mixing cup, combine chocolate and heavy cream and microwave for 1-2 minutes (check after 1 minute to see if it’s a liquid)
- Pour into serving bowl
- Using skewers, dip strawberries or cake into chocolate and enjoy
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Course Dinner for a Mid-Week Slump appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.