We all have a favorite Thanksgiving side dish — mine is dressing! I love dressing and could probably eat it as my meal! Today on Family Food Live, I shared 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes including one for dressing!
Join us for Family Food Live at 11 am CST/12 Noon EST every Wednesday and Friday! We will be live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page every Wednesdays and the Quirky Momma Facebook page today and every Friday. If you want to make sure you never miss an episode, like or subscribe to our Facebook pages now!
And if you missed today’s Family Food Live, here’s a look!
Here’s a special gift for you!
We have been talking about Thrive Market for a while now and giving away free gifts (you only pay for shipping). Today’s free gift is this 8.5 oz bottle of The Honest Company Face & Body Lotion in Sweet Orange Vanilla. This is perfect for you if you wash your hands a lot after cooking. You not only get this free lotion, but you get a free 30-day trial membership at Thrive Market.
If you are interested in becoming a member of Thrive Market, you will get up to 50% off your favorite wholesome brands. Go to the Thrive Market registration page to look around and get your free gift.
Now on to today’s recipes!
- 1 loaf White Bread, sliced
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Bread will need to harden so let sit out overnight and cut into cubes
- In a dutch oven, melt butter. Cook onions and celery until soft. Season with poultry seasoning, salt & pepper
- Stir in bread cubes and mix until evenly coated with butter mixture
- Add chicken broth and mix again
- Put in casserole dish that has been greased with butter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 1/2 cups Sweet Potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for at least 1 hour or until it’s soft all the way through
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Add the sweet potato mixture to the greased baking dish
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and flour
- Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly and stir in pecans
- Sprinkle mixture over the sweet potato mixture
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown
Green Beans with Pancetta
- Fresh Green Beans
- Pancetta cut into chunks
- Shallot, chopped
- In a saucepan, cook the pancetta until fully cooked, remove from pan and set aside
- In the same pan, saute the green beans and shallots together
- In a serving bowl, add the green beans and shallots to the pancetta
Potatoes Gratin in a Cup
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 large Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat
- Cook garlic in the melted butter for about 1 minute
- Add flour and stir until thick
- Pour milk into flour mixture and stir continuously with a whisk for about 5 minutes
- Remove and stir in parmesan cheese into sauce and season with salt & pepper
- Divide the potatoes into the muffin cups and spoon cheese sauce over potatoes
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are soft
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1, 12 oz package Fresh Cranberries
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in the orange juice
- Stir in cranberries and cook for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries start to pop
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowl
- Serve once it thickens up
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.