The holidays bring out the kid in all of us and what makes this time of year so much fun is getting in the holiday spirit. And nothing does that more than making 5 Fun, Kid-Approved Holiday Desserts!
Join us for Family Food Live at 11 am CST/12 Noon EST every Wednesday and Friday! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. Make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s Family Food Live, here’s a look:
Are you looking for gifts for the foodie in your life? Here’s our list of The Best Holiday Gifts for the Foodie in Your Life!
Another fun gift is this Honey/Syrup Dispenser from Orvis!
There is also time left for you to enjoy this special deal on 5 Dinners 1 Hour!
5 Dinners 1 Hour is a meal prep system that not only helps you plan out your meals, with the recipes — but it also gives you a shopping list for what you will need. So when Sunday comes around, you can plan out your week and put your meals together in advance.
Here’s another incentive to check this out — this week only, 5 Dinners 1 Hour is giving our readers half off your annual subscription of $59. This includes a recipe box of hundreds of recipes that you will have access to. Go here now and subscribe! And as a bonus, you will score a free ebook from Rockmycrock.com.
Did I mention this makes a great gift for the holidays?
So what’s included in your subscription:
- 16 pre-planned weekly menus each month. (4 weeks of recipes from these four categories: Classic, Clean eating, Gluten Free & Paleo)
- Use of the Create Your Own Menu tool
- Flexibility to customize your menus
- Detailed shopping lists
- Step by step prep instructions
- Extensive list of recipes to choose from each month
- All this for only $1.13 a week (paid annually)
- Peace of mind that dinner is planned for you.
Now on to today’s recipes!
Reindeer Rice Krispies
- Everything you need to make Rice Krispies treats
- Candy Eyeballs
- Red M&Ms
- Black Decorative Icing
- Popsicle sticks
- Follow instructions to make Rice Krispies treats
- Cut the treats into rectangles
- Stick the popsicle stick in one end of the Rice Krispies Treat
- Using the decorative icing as glue, place the candy eyeballs as eyes and the red M&M as the nose
- Draw on antlers with the icing
Christmas Tree Brownies
- Brownie Mix
- Green decorative icing
- Follow the instructions for making the brownies
- Let cool and cut into triangles
- Using the green decorative icing, create the garland on the tree
- Add sprinkles to the icing
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups Whoppers
- 2 cups Mini Pretzels
- 1 bag Red and Green M&M’s
- Combine the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together in a pan until smooth
- Pour mixture over cereal and mix
- In a separate bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder
- Put the powdered sugar mixture into a large plastic bag and add cereal mixture and shake
- Pour onto a cookie sheet to let cool
- Pour into a bowl and add the marshmallows, Whoppers, pretzels and M&Ms
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- Pretzel Rods
- Dark Chocolate
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, if not melted, put back in for 15-second intervals
- Star dipping the pretzels immediately, set rods on cookie sheet
- Top with sprinkles or other candy toppings
- Place the pretzel rods in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden completely
- Mini Musketeers
- Mini Candy Canes
- Black decorative icing
- Candy eyeballs
- Red M&M’s
- Using the black decorative icing, flip the musketeers over and add icing to the back
- Immediately set the candy canes in the back to act as ears for the reindeer
- Use the icing again to set eyes and a nose on the flip side
- Allow for the icing to harden and serve
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Fun, Kid-Approved Holiday Desserts appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.