Lean Hamburger Stroganoff is a comfort food made healthy lunch option. Adapted from my mother’s cookbook (Thanks, Mom! Love you), I’ve cut out a lot of the fat and sodium from the original version and replaced it with healthy options that keep the dish just as hearty and filling.
Ingredients for Lean Hamburger Stroganoff
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (roughly 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 oz. (1 cup) of sliced mushrooms.
- 1 1/3 cups beef stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup lite sour cream
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
Directions for Lean Hamburger Stroganoff
- Add coconut oil to the skillet, adjust to medium heat.
- Add beef, onion, and galric to non-stick saucepan or skillet. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When beef is brown, drain fat. I drain into a colander with a bowl lined with paper towels. Wipe off skillet and add meat back to skillet.
- Stir in beef stock and salt. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and yogurt. Cook until sufficiently warm for your liking.
- Serve over rice or cooked noodles of your choosing.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition (without rice or noodlest):
Calories 389 kcal
Protein 35 g
Fat 18 g
Carb 8 g
Fiber 2 g
Sugar 7 g
The post Lean Hamburger Stroganoff appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.