There are so many great ways to enjoy blueberries! This is the best time of year to experiment with this delicious and extremely healthy fruit. So today on Family Food Live, 5 Fresh Spring Recipes Featuring Blueberries!
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you today’s show on Blueberries, here’s a look:
Taking a look at today’s recipes:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 tablespoon Flour
- Preheat oven to 375° and line muffin pan with liners
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar — then whisk in yogurt, oil and vanilla extract
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together
- In another bowl, sprinkle blueberries with 1-2 teaspoons flour and toss until all blueberries are coated with the flour — add to batter
- Fill the muffin tins with batter
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean
- Let cook
This recipe was inspired by omgchocolatedesserts.com
Anther great way to enjoy blueberries is in this Blueberry Cheesecake — it’s the perfect spring dessert.
Blueberry Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Banana
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-2 Graham Crackers
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
Blueberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
I love fruit in my salads and blueberries are perfect with spinach. Check out this Salad in a Jar with Poppy Seed Dressing recipe.
Blueberry Lemon Bread
Here’s another wonderful way to use blueberries in your favorite foods. Try this Blueberry Lemon Bread for Mother’s Day!
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Fresh Spring Recipes Featuring Blueberries! appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.