Father’s Day weekend is upon us and all dad wants to do is cook on his grill! So today on Family Food Live, I will share 5 Father’s Day Recipes Made on the Grill!
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s show, here’s a look.
Are you getting hungry yet? Here are today’s recipes.
Here’s one of the easiest recipes to make on the grill. This Steak Kabobs recipe is perfect for Father’s Day.
Grilled Rosemary Potatoes
- Red Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pre-boil the potatoes on the stove top in 1 teaspoon salt — this will need to cook until it’s soft enough to put a fork in the middle
- Remove and drain
- While the potatoes are cooling, put the olive oil and rosemary in a plastic bag
- Add the potatoes and close – make sure the potatoes are covered in the mixture
- Put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in advance
- Remove from the fridge and stack the potatoes on the skewers
- Put on the grill for 20-30 minutes until golden brown (turn once or twice to make sure it cooks evenly)
Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple
- Shrimp (20-25 count) peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Jerk Marinade
- Pineapple slices cut into pieces
- Pour the marinade into a plastic bag and add the shrimp – put in the refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes to marinate
- Using a metal or wooden skewer, layer the shrimp and pineapple and place on medium heat, cook about 2-3 minutes on each side
Grilled Mushrooms with Tomatoes and Mozzarella
- Portobello Mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 additional tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Fresh Mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Fresh Basil, chopped
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of mushrooms and add salt & pepper to top
- Drizzle the additional olive oil over the pan and grill the mushrooms until tender (about 5 minutes on each side)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the additional 3 tablespoons of olive oil and garlic together
- Add tomatoes, cheese and basil and mix
- Add to the top of the mushrooms and sprinkle with additional salt & pepper
This recipe was adapted from the Food Network
Grilled Peaches with Honey & Cinnamon
- Peaches, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 4 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream for the top
- After the peaches are cut in half, drizzle a half tablespoon of honey on each peach
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 tablespoon brown sugar over each peach
- Place peach flat side down on the grill for about 4 minutes
- Remove from grill and serve warm — add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Father’s Day Recipes Made on the Grill appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.