Did you eat too much for the 4th of July? I did too — so today on Family Food Live, I will share 5 Summer Salads that Won’t Make you Feel Guilty!
Family Food Live can on Wednesdays and Fridays at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s show, here’s a look.
Getting hungry yet? Here are today’s recipes.
Chopped Salad with Cilantro Dressing
- Romaine Lettuce
- Black Beans (15 oz. can rinse and drained)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Green Pepper
- 2 cups Corn (frozen and thawed)
- 5 Green Onions
- For the Dressing
- 1 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- In a food processor combine all of the ingredients for the dressing until smooth.
- Chop the lettuce, pepper, tomatoes and green onions
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and drizzle with dressing
Summer Macaroni Salad
It’s not a summer bbq without a little Summer Macaroni Salad! This classic recipe can be served with just about anything!
Green Grape Salad
- Green Grapes
- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese softened
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Pecans, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, mix together grapes and cream cheese mixture
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans
- Romaine Lettuce
- Strawberries, quartered
- Goat Cheese crumbles
- For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare the dressing and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, strawberries, and walnuts
- Add dressing and mix completely
- Top with goat cheese
Orzo Salad with Sauteed Green Beans and Tomatoes
Looking for a light salad side dish for your bbq? This Orzo Salad with Sauteed Green Beans and Tomatoes is perfect for any summer dish.
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Summer Salads that Won’t Make You Feel Guilty appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.