The 4th of July is the best time of year to show your patriotic pride. And if you are hosting a special bbq on the 4th, you will need these 5 Red, White & Blue July 4th Treats or crafts.
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed the last show, here’s a look.
Getting hungry yet? Here are today’s recipes.
Patriotic Fruit Flag
- Package Blueberries
- 2 Bananas
- Package Strawberries
- 8 Wooden skewers
- Cut the bananas into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces (you will need about 32 pieces)
- Cut the strawberries into 1 to 1 1/2 inch piece (again you need about 32 pieces)
- Start by placing 6 blueberries on the top of 4 wooden skewers
- Finish those skewers layering a banana and strawberry 3 times
- Take the remaining 4 skewers and start layering the bananas and strawberries 5 time each so it matches up with the other skewers.
- This will look like an American flag once you are finished
Red, White & Blue Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cupcake Mix + 3 eggs, water, oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. pkg Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Mix together the cake mix with eggs, water, and oil
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full and bake for 14-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Meanwhile, make the icing by beating the cream cheese and powdered sugar together
- Add vanilla and slowly add the heavy cream until stiff peaks form
- Let the cupcakes cool then add icing to the top followed by a few blueberries
July 4th Strawberries
- White Chocolate
- Blue sugar sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a double boil system, melt the white chocolate
- Once melted, dip the tip of the strawberry in the chocolate, then in the blue sugar sprinkles
- Place on parchment paper and put in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes until the chocolate hardens
Red, White & Blue Pretzels
- Pretzel Snaps
- White Chocolate, cut into small squares
- Red, White and Blue M&Ms
- Add the white chocolate to the top of a pretzel snap and put on a paper plate
- Put in the microwave for 45 seconds until the chocolate is slightly melted
- Remove and add the red, white and blue M&M’s in the shape of a flower
- Serve once it hardens
This really fun idea is courtesy of Two Sisters Crafting.com
Red, White & Blue Rice Candles
- 3 cups Rice
- Red & Blue food coloring
- Mini votive candle
- Separate the rice into 3 different bowls with 1 cup each
- Add red food coloring to one bowl, blue to another and mix together
- Let dry and layer the red, white (plain rice) and blue in a small mason jar
- Add the candle to the top
This is fun for a table display for a July 4th party!
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Red, White & Blue July 4th Treats appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.