We all love a special treat during the summer months — especially one that is refreshing and yummy. Today on Family Food Live, I will share 5 Fun Summer Treats for Kids of all ages!
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s show, here’s a look.
Grab the kiddos and check out today’s recipes.
Vanilla Pudding Pops
- 2 packages Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4 oz)
- 3 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- Combine the vanilla pudding mix with the milk and whisk until it starts to thicken up
- Gently fold in the sprinkles
- Pour into popsicle molds and put in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight
Summer Red, White & Blue Chex Mix
- 1 Bag Chex Mix Honey Nut Snack
- 1/4 cup dried Cranberries
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Red, White & Blue M&Ms
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Chex Mix and cranberries
- In a microwavable dish, melt the white chocolate chips for 1 minute or in 10-second intervals until melted
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the Chex Mix mixture and stir
- On a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, pour out the Chex Mix mixture and sprinkle the M&Ms on top and let cook for about an hour
- Once hardened, break it up into chunks for serving
Thanks Betty Crocker for this fun idea
Chocolate Apples with Almond Butter
- Apple, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- Almond or Cookie Butter
- Shredded Coconut
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Walnuts
- Slice apple into 1/2 inch slices and spread the almond butter on each slice
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top followed by the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts
- Serve immediately
Frozen Fruit Kabobs
- Strawberries, cut in half
- Red Grapes
- Bananas, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 cup Plain or Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a gel liner and set aside
- Using a bamboo skewer, layer the fruit and place the kabob on the cookie sheet
- In a mixing bowl, add the yogurt and honey and whisk together
- Drizzle the yogurt mixture over the fruit and put in the freezer for 1/2 hour until the yogurt hardens up. Be careful not to
- leave it in too long or the bananas will turn brown
- Remove and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Kool-Aid
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tray of Ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and combine well. The ice needs to be completely crushed.
- Serves 4
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Fun Summer Treats for Kids appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.