If you’ve already brought out the swimsuits and pool floaties, you are ready for summer! And if you are already planning ahead for a day at the pool, here are 5 Summer Snacks to Enjoy by the Pool that your family will love.
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s show, here’s a look.
Are you getting hungry yet? Here are today’s recipes.
Salted Chocolate Mandarin Oranges
- Mandarin Oranges, peeled
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt
- Coconut Oil
- Peel Mandarin Oranges
- In a mixing cup, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for about a minute, then in 10-second intervals until melted
- Add a tablespoon of Coconut oil into the chocolate to make it really smooth
- Dip each of the mandarin oranges slices into chocolate and place on lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle the chocolate with salt
- Put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to let the chocolate harden
Thanks to Deliciously Yum for this fun idea
Yogurt Banana Pops
This is a huge favorite in my home. These Yogurt Banana Pops are fun for the kids and give them something healthy to eat during a hot afternoon.
Chocolate Dipped Fruit Cones
- Waffle Cones
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Shredded Coconut
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate in a glass mixing cup for about 1 minute — then 10-second intervals until melted
- Dip the top of the cone into the chocolate and sprinkle with shredded coconut or sprinkles and let cool
- Fill the cones with fruit including strawberries, blueberries, grapes and mango
Homemade Blueberry Peach Roll Ups
- 4 medium sized Peaches, chopped
- 1 container fresh Blueberries
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- Preheat oven to 170°
- Cut the peaches and put them into a food processor. Add 2 teaspoons honey and mix.
- Pour the puree onto a lined baking sheet
- In the same food processor, pulse the blueberries until smooth
- Pour over the baking sheet, filling in the holes of the peach puree
- Then using a rubber spatula, spread the two together and form a rectangle so you have even corners
- Put in the oven for 6-8 hours until the roll up is dry (it may take longer depending on thickness of roll up)
- Cool and peel from baking sheet
- Cut into strips and enjoy
- 2 cups Coconut Water
- 2 cups Pink Lemonade
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Combine the coconut water and pink lemonade and set aside
- Slice the strawberries and add to each popsicle mold
- Zest about 1/4 teaspoon of lemon for each popsicle and put in mold
- Pour the coconut water/lemonade mixture into the popsicle mold and put on the lid
- Put in freezer for 5 hours or until solid
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Summer Snacks to Enjoy by the Pool appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.