There are so many wonderful dessert recipes to enjoy during the summer months that don’t involve ice cream (although ice cream is good too:) Today on Family Food Live, 5 Sweet Campfire and Other Summer Dessert Ideas for the entire family!
Family Food Live can on Wednesdays and Fridays at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s show, check this out.
Getting hungry yet? Here are today’s recipes.
These Campfire Cones are the ultimate campfire dessert for anyone spending time outdoors this summer.
Another wonderful way to enjoy your favorite dessert on a campfire is by making these Campfire Brownies! This is a super easy and super delicious dessert!
Cookies N Cream Bars
- 10 oz bag Mini Marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- One package Oreos Cookies
- In a food processor, crush the entire bag of Oreos cookies until ground
- In a large pan, melt the butter and marshmallows together until melted
- Remove from heat and add all of the ground Oreos into the pan and mix
- Pour the Oreos mixture into a lined 8×8 inch baking pan, and flatten evenly in the pan
- Let sit until cooled
- Cut into squares and serve
Do you have any hot chocolate packets left over from winter? If so, use them to make this Iced Chocolate summer treat that is perfect for a hot day!
Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
- Box of White Cake Mix (will need 3 eggs, water, and oil)
- Box of Strawberries, cut in half
- White Chocolate
- Wooden for Bamboo Skewers
- Follow the instructions on the box to prepare the cake (use a sheet cake pan)
- Cut the strawberries into halves or thirds
- Once the cake is done and cooled, cut the cake into 2-inch cubes
- Layer the cake and strawberries on the skewers
- In a microwavable measuring cup, melt the white chocolate for about 1 minute, then in 10-second intervals if not melted
- Place the kabobs on a lined cookie sheet and drizzle the white chocolate on top of the strawberry shortcake and place in the refrigerator to let the chocolate set
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Sweet Campfire and Other Summer Dessert Ideas appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.