Whether your kiddos have already started their school year or you are getting close, you are probably already thinking about lunch ideas! And if your child has a food sensitivity, you are always looking for new ideas. Today on Family Food Live, I will share 5 Meatless & Nut-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas.
This lunch combination was a request by one of our readers. If you have any requests for lunch ideas for your kids, please let us know.
Family Food Live can on Wednesdays and Fridays at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s show, here’s a look.
Getting hungry yet? Here are today’s recipes.
Lunch 1 – Nut-Free Hummus
- Chick Peas (1 can), drained
- One Lemon, juiced
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil, varies
- Add drained chick peas, lemon juice, garlic and a good pour of olive oil into a food processor. The amount of oil depends on the consistency you want in your hummus. Start out slow — it’s easier to add than take away
- Put hummus into a container with some parsley
- Serve with carrots or pita bread chips
Lunch 2- Parmesan Kale Chips
• Bag of Organic Kale
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Wash and separate kale into bite sized pieces
• In a large bowl, add kale, olive oil, and salt and mix
• Add parmesan cheese and mix again
• On a lined baking sheet, place kale in a single layer on top
• Bake for 5-7 minutes or until edges start to brown
Serve the kale chips with a variety of foods including a hard-boiled egg, grapes, string cheese and pretzels.
Lunch 3 – Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
- Pimento Cheese
- Flour Tortillas
- Green Pepper
- Spread the pimento cheese over a flour tortilla and roll tight, then cut into bite size pieces
- Or cut the green pepper in half, then in half again to create a “boat” — and add the pimento cheese to the pepper to create a pepper boat
Serve the pimento cheese rolls or boat with an orange and a spinach strawberry salad
Lunch 4 – Pizza Rounds
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375°
Put the crescent rounds on a lined baking sheet and put in the oven for about 6-7 minutes
When the rounds are a little more than half way done, remove from oven and add a spoon of sauce on top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted
Serve the pizza rounds with carrots, grapes, applesauce, pretzels
Lunch 5 – Cream Cheese & Chives Pepper Boat
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Chives, chopped
- Green Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and chives
- Cut the green pepper in half then in half again to create a “boat” for the cream cheese mixture
- Add the cream cheese to the pepper
Serve the cream cheese & chives pepper boat with hard-boiled egg, strawberries, cheerios
Here are a few other Back-to-School Lunch ideas you will love
15 Back to School Lunch Ideas
5 Kid Recipes That will help Feed Their Brains
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Meatless & Nut-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.