Springtime means a lot more time outdoors. It also means a lot more families will be spending their weekends’ camping by the fire. Today on Family Food Live, 5 Appetizing, Foil-Wrapped Campfire Recipes to get you ready for your next campout.
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed the last Family Food Live, here’s a look:
Here’s a look at today’s recipes:
Campfire Sausage and Potatoes
This Campfire Sausage and Potatoes recipe is perfect for anyone! It’s easy and really tasty.
- Bag Frozen Crinkle-Cut French Fries
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 4 slices American Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Bacon Bits
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Aluminum Foil
- In a saucepan, melt butter
- Add frozen french fries until coated
- Using 1 or 2 slices of aluminum foil, create a boat for the fries.
- Layer the fries in the foil and fold in all sides of foil, leaving the top slightly open
- Place on grill or in the oven at 400° for 20-30 minutes (stir at least once)
- Once the fries are cooked or crispy, top with cheese until it’s completely melted
- Sprinkle with bacon and salt & pepper if needed.
- 1 cup Red or Green Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Red Potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence seasoning
- Heat grill or oven to 400°
- Place all veggies into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil
- Mix in salt and Herbes de Provence seasoning until all veggies are coated
- Place veggies on aluminum foil squares and fold in to create a packet
- Place on grill or in oven for 8-10 minutes on each side of the packet
- To check the veggies, peel back one of the folds and check the potatoes, if the potatoes are done, the rest of the veggies should be done
Grilled Chicken Nachos
- Tortilla Chips
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Rotisserie Chicken, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Avocado, sliced (optional)
- Heat grill or oven to 400°
- Cut a square of aluminum foil and create a boat
- Add tortilla chips to the bottom of the foil
- Top with chicken and cheese
- Put on grill or oven for 15-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted through
- Remove and add chopped tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and avocado
Here’s a great dessert for your next campout. These Campfire Cones are super easy and delicious!
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Appetizing, Foil-Wrapped Campfire Recipes appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.