This is the time of year when we celebrate our planet and share ideas on how to take care of the earth. So why not celebrate “green” food we put into our bodies. Today on Family Food Live, I will share 5 Yummy Green Dishes for Earth Day.
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
Here’s a look at today’s show:
Here are today’s recipes:
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 4 Kale Leaves (remove center)
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Banana, cut into slices
- 1 cup Water
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. Add ice if you want it a little colder
Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
- 2 cups Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice (using 2-4 lemons)
- 1 1/2 cups Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled but left whole
- 10 oz. Kale leaves (stems removed)
- 1 1/2 cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a toaster oven, toast almonds until golden brown (set aside)
- In a jar or bowl, combine lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt. Whisk in the olive oil and add garlic cloves (set aside)
- Cut kale into strips and put in a large bowl
- Remove cloves from dressing and pour the dressing over the salad
- Mix together, add more dressing if needed
Recipe inspired by this Lemon Garlic Kale Salad recipe
- 1 Pizza Dough crust
- 2 3/4 oz Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 oz Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Baby Arugula
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Follow instructions to prepare pizza crust
- After crust is cooked about 3/4 of the way through, add the slices of mozzarella on top
- Drizzle with olive oil, a pinch of salt and the Parmesan cheese
- Put back in oven for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted
- While in the oven, put the arugula in a bowl and add a splash of olive oil, pinch of salt and lemon juice and mix
- When pizza is done, top with the arugula mixture and serve
Avocado Toast with Strawberries and Honey
This is something really fresh about avocados and making avocado toast is definitely a way to eat green. This Avocado Toast with Strawberries and Honey is a quick and easy breakfast recipe.
Avocado Ice Cream
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Banana (frozen in chunks)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into an ice cream container or something that can go in the freezer
- Place in the freezer until solid, serve
Thanks, Averie Cooks
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Yummy Green Dishes for Earth Day appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.