Is your family in a lunch rut? If your family’s lunch box needs an overhaul, check out today’s Family Food Live. Today I will share 5 Refreshing Lunch Ideas to Cure the Winter Blues!
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s Family Food Live, here’s a look:
Here’s a look at today’s recipes!
Chicken Salad in a Jar
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken
- 1/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Green Apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Red Grapes
- Mason Jar with a Lid
- For the Chicken Salad
- Cup up the chicken into bite-size chunks
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, yogurt, red onion, celery, salt & pepper and lemon juice
- Spoon the chicken salad to the bottom of the mason jar
- Start layering the rest of the salad with the spinach next, followed by dried cranberries, apples, pecans and grapes
- Cover and refrigerate or serve
- Salami Rolls
- Hardboiled Egg
- Turkey Rolls
- Snap Peas
- Zucchini Cupcakes (recipe above)
- Mandarin Oranges
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Refreshing Lunch Ideas to Cure the Winter Blues appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.