What’s a Friday night without an Italian dinner, right? Italian meals are perfect any day of the week. Today on Family Food Live, 5 Traditional Italian Recipes for Dinner Tonight!
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed the last Family Food Live, here’s a look:
Here’s a look at today’s recipes:
Easy Garlic Bread
The best compliment to any Italian dish is this Easy Garlic Bread recipe. It’s super easy and really yummy!
- 1 pound Seashell pasta
- 1/4 pound Genoa Salami, chopped
- 1/2 pound Asiago Cheese, diced
- 1 6-oz can Black Olives, drained and chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 .7-oz package Dry Italian Style Salad dressing mix
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Follow directions to cook the pasta until al dente (slightly undercooked) drain and rinse with cool water
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, salami, Asiago cheese, black olives, green bell pepper and tomatoes
- Stir in the Italian Style salad dressing mix, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
- Pour over salad just before serving.
Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Basil
- 1 box Farfalle pasta
- 3 large Tomatoes, cored, seeded and cut into slices
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in salted water. Follow instructions for al dente pasta (slightly undercooked)
- While pasta is cooking, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl
- Add drained pasta to the tomatoes mixture and mix
- Serve immediately
I love all Italian food, but one of my favorites is this Stuffed Shells recipe! The creamy cheese mixture would work for other Italian favorites too.
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a liner
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until well combined
- Divide dough and roll each piece into a rope and then shape into a loop
- Place cookies on cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are firm and golden around the edges
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Traditional Italian Recipes for Dinner Tonight! appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.