Get out your garden gloves we are planting an indoor herb garden today on Family Food Live. I will also show you 5 Fun Recipes Using your Indoor Herb Garden. Here’s a hint .. these recipes will use tons of basil.
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s Family Food Live, here’s a look:
Here’s a look at today’s show!
Indoor Herb Garden
Creating an Indoor Herb Garden is pretty simple. It takes a few supplies and your favorite herbs! Here’s a look at how to put it together plus a few of my favorite recipes using basil, thyme, and rosemary!
- 2 cups Fresh Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 3 teaspoons Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & Pepper
- Place basil and pine nuts into the food processor and pulse a few times
- Add the garlic and Parmesan or Romano cheese and pulse a few more times (don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl)
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil a little at a time (scrape down the sides again)
- Stir in some salt and pepper to taste
Basil, Tomato, and Mozzarella Sandwich
- French Bread, sliced int a sandwich size
- 6 tablespoons Basil Pesto (recipe above)
- Tomato, sliced
- Fresh Mozzarella sliced
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Slice the bread in half
- Coat one side with the basil pesto (or substitute with olive oil)
- Layer on the tomatoes, salt & pepper, mozzarella slices and fresh basil leaves
- Top with the other half of bread and cut into slices
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Naan bread
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Pizza sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 325°
- Add the Naan bread to the oven to heat up the crust (just a few minutes)
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on top of bread
- Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices
- Then add fresh basil to the top
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Fun Recipes Using your Indoor Herb Garden appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.