When you go to a baseball game you usually snack on some peanuts and cracker jacks! So today on Family Food Live, I’m making 5 Snacks that Take You to a Baseball Game!
Family Food Live can be seen every Wednesday and Friday at 12 Noon EST/11 am CST on Facebook! Today I’ll be live on the Quirky Momma Facebook page. But make sure you like both the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page and the Quirky Momma Facebook page now so you never miss an episode!
If you missed today’s Family Food Live, here’s a look:
Here are today’s recipes:
- 1/2 cup Unpopped Kernels of Popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 Sticks Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 200°
- In a brown paper bag, add the unpopped kernels of popcorn and put in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until the popping stops and put popcorn in a large bowl
- In a saucepan, heat up the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and baking soda
- Pour over the popcorn and stir until coated
- Spread the popcorn over a lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes
- Let cook and serve
Thanks Add a Pinch for the recipe inspiration
Oreo Cookie Popcorn
You can’t go to a baseball game without popcorn! But we are adding a little chocolate flavor to the popcorn with this Oreo Cookie Popcorn recipe.
Honey Butter Popcorn
And if you like your popcorn a little sweet, this Honey Butter Popcorn is for you! You will love it!
Rice Krispie Baseball Treats
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 10oz bag marshmallows
- 5 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- Vanilla Icing
- Red Icing
- Cook the Rice Krispies treats first. Melt butter in a large saucepan and add marshmallows, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and fold in Rice Krispies until coated
- Spread the Rice Krispies mixture on a lined baking sheet and allow to set up to 30 minutes
- Using a baseball cookie cutter, cut the Rice Krispies treat into baseballs
- Top with vanilla icing and decorate with the red icing
- This treat will look like a baseball
Pretzel Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat up the milk until it starts bubbling
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour until it thickens
- Add the warm milk to the butter mixture while whisking until the mixture thickens
- Add the cheese while continuing to whisk until it’s melted
- Add salt & pepper to taste
Baseball Trail Mix
- 2 cups Peanuts
- 2 cups Pretzels
- 2 cups Goldfish
- 2 cups Raisins
- 2 Cups Reese’s Pieces
- In a big bowl, combine all of the ingredients and separate into individual containers
- Perfect for snacking during a game
Join Family Food Live with Holly & Chris every Wednesday and Friday at Noon CST on either the Quirky Momma Facebook page or the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
We are also so excited to share our first Family Food Live Apron with you. Be the first to pick one up and start cooking with us! Just click buy now below!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
The post 5 Snacks that Take You to a Baseball Game! appeared first on Kids Activities Blog.